Courses at Wesleyan
- Introduction to Statistics (Math 132), Summer 2013. Please
see the Moodle
page for assignments, solutions, handouts, and slides.
In case you can't access the Moodle yet: slides from chapter 1,
Pedagogy (Math 501), Fall 2012. Syllabus.
I developed this course myself. You can find the materials I used
regarding learning how to
teach, surviving graduate school, and the theory of pedagogy at this link.
- Integral Calculus (Math 118), Spring 2011. Please see the Moodle
page for assignments, handouts, practice exams, and solutions. Syllabus.
Policies. Sample exploration problems: Gabriel's Horn, Proving 0.999... = 1, Coffee Temperature.
Recitation Sessions & Grading
- Introduction to Programming (Comp 112) using Java, Spring
2013 with Mike Kapralos. Covered the class for 2 weeks. Created labs
(and parsing). For solutions please email me. Also: some files to help
if you're teaching Input/Output or the use of the Random method: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Differential Equations (Math 229), Fall 2012. Covered the
final third of the class, including final projects. Please see moodle
for assignments, solutions, and grades.
- Point-Set Topology (Math 244), Fall 2011. Covered one week.
Please see moodle
for assignments and solutions.
- Created labs in Python: Computer Science II (Comp 211) and
Comp 112. here are lecture notes and code for a unit on Conditionals in Python.
Wesleyan: Probability (Math 231), Introduction to Statistics (twice),
Introduction to Programming (Comp112) with Visual Basic, Integral
Calculus (advanced version).
Bowdoin: Introduction to Geometric Structures (Euclidean
geometry), Advanced Topics in Geometry (non-Euclidean
Geometry), Knot Theory, Linear Algebra, Multivariable
Introductory Physics II.